Port Renfrew Fishing Charters
Fishing in Port Renfrew lasts from June to September and is a great place for Salmon, Halibut, Cod, Crabs and more. Port Renfrew is a beautiful, scenic west coast drive only 2 hours North West of the City of Victoria. We have both onshore and offshore fishing that is world class. Moored at Butch’s Wharf & Marina, located in the San Juan River.
Legendary Fishing in Port Renfrew
Sockeye are considered the most flavourful of BC’s salmon species. These beautiful fish are a real prize.
July-August. Subject to limited openings.
Chinook (aka Kings/Springs):
The largest species of Pacific salmon, the Chinook put up a powerful fight. Dig in and get ready to battle
Coho (aka Silvers):
Coho are energetic and acrobatic fighters. Get your camera ready for some awesome jumping action.
One of the most fun fish to catch and some of the best white fish in the sea. Swiftsure Bank halibut range from 10-20 pound chickens in summer to 30-60 pound turkeys in spring.
Red snapper (aka yellow eye):
Bright and vibrant red/orange bottom fish, excellent white meat.
Black cod (aka sablefish):
Tastiest species of cod caught off Vancouver Island.
Port Renfrew Info & Links
Port Renfrew Location:
Port Renfrew Accommodations:
- Port Renfrew Marina and RV Park
- Angler’s Retreat
- Port Renfrew Bay Cottages
- West Coast Trail Motel
- Mile Beach Cottages
- Gallery House at Port Renfrew
Things to do in Port Renfrew (other than fishing):
- Wildlife watching: see bears, eagles, seals, and elk!
- Beach walking: long sandy beach from Gordon River to San Juan River
- Botanical Beach: famous for its tidepools at low tide
- Juan de Fuca Trail: Port Renfrew (Botanical Beach) south to Jordan River, can hike individual sections
- West Coast Trail: Port Renfrew north to Bamfield, serious hiking, only for the really adventurous